Saturday, January 28, 2006

Meme* Madness

Doing the meme from yesterday, I was reminded of one that East Coast Alaska Girl tagged me with about a bazillion years ago. So here goes.

1. What are the 3 stupidest things you've ever done in your life?
I try not to regret the things I have done in my life. Who I am now is based on where I have been, and I am pretty happy with the person I am (not to say there is not room for improvement). But here goes.

1) Getting married without having figured out who I was first. You can't build a life with someone else until you have built a life for yourself.

2) Letting that marriage go so long without being honest with her about how I felt.

3) Putting aside my dreams for someone else, when I knew in my heart it would not make the slightest difference to the other person.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
The Multi-State, Girlie-Advising Posse. You can't have too much tough love in your life.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?
1) Myself twenty years ago.
2) Myself twenty years from now.
3) Socrates
4) Thomas Jefferson
5) Leonardo Da Vinci

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
That I was not in debt, that my friends were free to pursue their callings without financial concern, that I had the means to see some of my friends a little more often.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Things I wish DC had:
24 Hour Metro.
More places to eat at 3:30 in the morning.

Things to avoid.
Thomas Circle (at least until they are finished with construction)
The area around the Capitol when we are on "Mauve Alert" or whatever the color coding is now.

I tag, City Mouse, Bea Yourself, S.

* Forgive my ignorance, how is this word pronounced?

3 comments:

Bea said...

YAY!!!!! More lists...lol OK i've consumed an entire bottle of champagne by myself and the brothers-in-alcohol are kicking my ass...it's going to be a rocky morning indeed

Bea said...

LD my responding list will be delayed. My brain has turned to oatmeal-see my blog.

Bea said...

LD are you ever going to blog again? Inquiring minds wanna know....