Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ups And Downs

I am not allowed to blog about it, but I had a really great time yesterday evening.

So that is the up.

The downs: S and I don't seem to have gotten past our big fight from last week. The conversations now are short, strained, and not about anything real. She is planning to return to New Orleans next week, and I am hoping that will make things better, as she gets back to the life that has been on hold since Katrina hit.

I am not sure I will get to see her before she leaves, and I must admit to being bothered by the fact that she has made no effort to come down from Frederick to see me. I have made the trip up there once, but she has been in the area since before the hurricane hit, and you would think she could find some way to get down here.

Of course I feel extremely selfish even expressing that thought. And I suppose I am.

The other down I can't even write about.

Well, maybe I can. I am wondering if someone has just disappeared from my life. And if they have, why.

2 comments:

Chairborne Stranger said...

Thanks for stopping by, and not forgetting about us over here.

Theata Widowa said...

Don't Come Home A-Drinkin' With Lovin' On Your Mind.