Thursday, October 06, 2005

Synchronicity

Yes, I probably spelled the title wrong.

One of the things I love about this whole blog phenomenon, is even though I will probably never meet most of the people whose blogs I read, I seem to share a remarkable similarity with people regarding what we all hope, dream and fear.

I just read this post over at Waiter Rant. He reflects on the demons haunting him; fear of spending his life alone; wondering if his life has any meaning aside from mere existence. I know I wrestle with those same issues, and write about them on this blog ( although certainly with much less elegance*), and I see these same sentiments reflected in the blogs of others.

So the lesson is we are all in the same boat. We all want to live a peaceful life, have someone who loves us, and have an impact on the world beyond ourselves.

And for those of you who doubt that is the life you are living, I offer this old Suffi tale.

There was a man who lived a good life. The gods wanted to reward him for this and told the man they would grant him one wish. The man thought about it and then replied, "I would like to go through the world doing good for others and not know it."

The gods thought this was such a good idea, they granted this wish to everyone.

You have no idea the good you do in the world. Just try to give more positive energy than negative, and I promise it makes a difference. Even if it's just the comfort of knowing that someone else understands the way you feel.

Peace In Yer Crease.

* I am not fishing here. I long ago accepted that I was not good at everything I did. I am just fortunate to be good at the things I truly love.

3 comments:

Chairborne Stranger said...

No doubt, blog on friend, peaceful lives that help others are a good thing!

Bea said...

Synchronicity

Artist In Transition said...

That would be why I am a visual artist.