Tuesday, September 01, 2020

122 Days Left. 98 Paintings To Go.

 Worked this morning on this piece:



Strange Pepper

Oil On Canvas


The painting from yesterday was, I will admit, rather rushed. And it certainly shows. I was mostly concerned about getting something completed since I was launching this crazy project.

This morning I was more relaxed and more focused on the object at hand, and I think the results reflect that. I worked in a more orderly fashion, actually finishing this piece in less time than the one yesterday.

My schedule is a little insane right now as I am the primary caretaker for my father (he had spinal surgery at the end of July) so I am a little nervous about being able to complete all 100 paintings before the end of the year. Still, making the point of carving out the time for painting does seem to be helping my mental state.

And with that, I am going to eat lunch and study my Italian.

Peace in yer crease!


No comments: