Sunday, September 13, 2020

110 Days Left. 88 Paintings To Go.

 


Cone In Blue

Oil On Canvas


I was hoping to get two canvases completed today, so I cheated a little and went with 9" x 12" instead of 12" x 16". I also decided to go with something simpler in terms of subject, so chose a single object with regular lines and proportions.

I had an urge to do something using blue, so decided to do this as a value study, with the blue standing in for black. I used Ultramarine Blue since it is fairly dark. But Ultramarine is also fairly transparent, so I was not entirely sure how well it would work replacing black.



Cone In Green

Oil On Canvas


Instead of changing objects, I decided to try the same idea using another color. I used Chromium Oxide Green, which is not as dark, so it was tougher to get the balance between the background and the dark side of the cone.

I may try this idea with other colors. We shall see.

And with that it is time to prep for dinner and do some Italian exercises.

Peace in yer crease.

No comments: