Monday, September 14, 2020

109 Days Left. 87 Paintings To Go

 


Cut Pepper

Oil On Canvas


It's interesting the things I see when I look at photos of my paintings, things that are not always immediately obvious when I am looking at the work itself. Little details (or mistakes) sort of jump out at me.

It is kind of like the Color And Design class I took at my alma mater. It was a year long class that you had to pass each term or you couldn't continue in the program*. I always noticed the obvious flaws in my projects just as I was handing them in.

What is it about unveiling our work to other people, or ourselves in a different format, that makes us see the things we wish we could fix?

Well, anyway it is finished, and I am on to dinner and a glass of wine.

Peace in yer crease.


*We were always told this by upperclassmen, but I don't remember hearing it from any of the faculty. It may have been urban legend.

No comments: