Thursday, September 03, 2020

120 Days Left. 96 Paintings To Go.

 

Single Candle

Oil On Canvas


Today I had to force myself to paint.

Caring for my father is tiring and stressful. The schedule of meals, exercise and medications means I have to go down to his apartment at least five times a day, beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 11:00 PM. Then of course there are the trips to various doctors, grocery shopping and picking up medications, and now twice a week the journey to physical therapy. I have been doing that for the past 40 days. 

So this morning, I didn't really feel like picking up a brush. 

But then I said to myself "I don't give a fuck. Get your ass up and paint!" 

And so I did. The above is the result.

I am still tired, but the painting does help with the stress levels. I get lost in the right side of my brain for a couple of hours. I don't think about the world, or my dad, or anything else. It is just me and the canvas, doing our dance.

And with that, it is time for lunch.

Peace in yer crease.

No comments: