Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ups And Downs

At a certain point this evening, I turned to D, the designer I am assisiting here in LA, and said, "could you be on headset for awhile?" This marked the end of my giving a rat's crap about the show this evening. I lasted almost the whole day, but about twenty minutes from the end of rehearsal, I just couldn't take it any more.

At two seperate times, D restrained me from getting back on headset.

The show has not been going well. The stage manager* has not been able to call the show correctly** yet, some of the lights for the show have yet to turn on, and we have an audience at 10:30 AM tommorrow (actually today as I type this).

I am on my tenth show of the season and I have been in tech since the 7th of October. I am weary as I have seldom been before. I am ready to be home for awhile; to see friends and family, and maybe enjoy an evening in my own apartment.

But that is the negative stuff. I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I feel incredibly blessed. I work at the thing I love, and people pay me to do it. Tonight I watched 60 children dance in ant costumes with drums on their butts. It is too cute for words.

I also saw Tim Robbins in the hotel bar this evening.

The best part of my evening, I will keep to myself.

And special thanks to those who have called in the past few days. I really appreciate hearing from you.

Peace in yer crease.


*The person who is supposed to run rehearsals and help the artistic staff realize their vision for the show.

** ensuring that all the changes, whether they be lighting, sound scenery, or something else, happen when they are supposed to happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

boos and yeahs. no, wait. i'm not that nice. suck it up bitch boy. good with the bad.

mostly kidding,
s

Bea said...

Mighty LD, not all are endowed as you are with theatrical skills AND KNOWLEDGE, take deep cleansing breaths...repeat after me...serenity NOW...serenity NOW...serenity NOW. lol and s is right suck it up bitchy boyeeeee!!!!! lol

Bea said...

-sorry for the all caps thing there, I forgot the button was on-didn't mean to shout

Theata Widowa said...

it's nice when you can come home again. at least your bio was included there...