Monday, December 19, 2005

"And, We're Back In The Car Again"

For those of you wondering, I made it to Juneau safely, though I had my doubts going in and out of Seattle.

Although I hate take-off and landing, I have never seriously been fearful for my life in an airplane. That is until yesterday. The wind was so strong around Seattle that right as our plane was touching down we were blown to the side and bounced several times on the runway. The pilot was able to maintain control and we eventually stopped sliding back and forth across the tarmac, but in those moments I had to face whether or not I felt ready to die.

The answer came back a resounding no.

On to happier thoughts.

Saturday I went with City Mouse to see the panda cub at the National Zoo. Though he spent the duration of our ten minute visit with him sleeping in a bowl, he is still pretty darned adorable. And I found myself wishing I could spend some time curled up in a bowl napping.

There are other thoughts, but I am out of time.

Peace in yer crease, ya'll.

1 comment:

Bea said...

Glad you made it to Alaska!