Wednesday, December 28, 2005

If You Here Of A Jet Crash On Thursday, It's Probably Me*

On Monday, a baggage worker smacked into an Alaska Airlines jet with one of those conveyor belt thingys at Seattle Tacoma International Airport. He told no one of this, and later, at 26,000 feet (that's almost five miles above the surfave of the earth) a one foot hole opened in the fuselage of the plane, causing the loss of cabin pressure and an emergency landing.

I saw a brief mention of this on CNN, and when I Googled it, found a disturbing amount of incidents involving Alaska Airlines, including a plane crash into the Pacific Ocean that killed 88 people in February of 2000.

Can we guess which airline I am flying on Thursday?

This Fall has been a string of increasingly distressing incidents while flying, and I am beginning to wonder if someone is trying to send me a message. A message like "Stop flying, you fucking idiot."

And because I belive if there is a god, he has a sick sense of humour, and because timing is everything in life, it would be make sense I would die in a plane crash on my way home this time.

I am actually terrified of getting on that plane tomorrow.

* I wonder how many bells are sounding at the NSA** right now as this post is published***.

** NSA: National Security Agency. You know, the folks that have been monitoring our phone calls and emails since 9-11.

*** If you are at the NSA reading this, my wondering about plane crashes is not an indication of nefarious ... (waiting while you get a dictionary)... intent, just an indication of my increasing fatalism.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

could we all take a minute to count to ten.
allright. breathe. it will be fine but you don't believe me.
talk to ya when you land safely.

-s

Bea said...

LD Chill baby chill, everything is going to be all right. You worry too freaking much about flying. If I can make it to freakin Canada without an incidentm you'll make it back to the mainland just fine. You're being a goober-stop it!

Anonymous said...

You know you might think about seeing someone for anxiety/depression. Mild depression can cause one to think rather dark/macabre thoughts...

-BC

Anonymous said...

Here, there's someone I want you to meet:

www.tebspage.blogspot.com

That is Tricia Black, she has a really awful kind of cancer. When she was diagnosed last May they told her she has a 5% chance of seeing her baby son turn 5. Now *that* is coming face-to-face with one's mortality.

If you check out her profile, she has an amazingly positive, hopeful attitude.

Artist In Transition said...

s & bea- yes, I know I will be fine. Thank you.

BC- while I apreciate the attempt to give me some perspective, I would submit that you have no idea what I am thinking/ feeling, and just because someone else is going through shit does not in any way invalidate what I am experiencing. Also, if you have serious concerns about my mental/emotional health, there are better ways to bring those to my attention than posting it here. You know I love ya.

Anonymous said...

Dude I'm just responding to what you're posting - and the reference to teb's page isn't supposed to invalidate your feelings, it's supposed to encourage you to see that it's possible to face the things that daunt you with courage and hope. And yeah, I do believe that when you say you're happier than you've ever been in your life, but your the tone of your posts remain nihilistic, that maybe something else is going on.

-BC