Monday, August 21, 2006

S

I am in a funk.

I spent three days last week in Chicago with S, the founder of the Multi-State, Girlie-Advising Posse, and her mother (also a good friend of mine). We had a great time. Looked at some art at the Art Institute of Chicago (including my favorite painting), as well as stained glass at the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows on Navy Pier. We also ate great food and drank great wine in a number of spots, like Quartino.

So why the funk?

When we get to spend time together I am reminded how woven into the fabric of my life she actually is. I don't ever feel awkward around her. I can say what is on my mind, and we can sit around talking about just about anything for hours on end. We can also sit quietly with one another. There is no such thing as an uncomfortable silence when I am with her.

And when we have to part, it is as though I have lost my right arm. I miss her terribly.

No comments: