Saturday, August 26, 2006

Juneau, Day Two

As a little exercise, I have decided to try and post every day while I am here in sunny* Juneau, Alaska. I am here to design Hamlet for Perseverance Theatre. Both I and E, my intrepid assistant, arrived very late Thursday night/ Friday morning.

We showed up at the theatre yesterday morning to get our bearings, see how scenery and lighting were coming along, get connected to the theatre's network, and attend a production meeting. We also met AL, the new electrics intern, who had the plot up and raring to go.

We started focus last night, and actually finished this afternoon, six hours ahead of schedule. I am as giddy as a schoolgirl, although I am not used to having free time when I am here. A Saturday night in Juneau, and no idea what to do with myself.

So far things are going well. It is a little frightening.

I will write more tomorrow. Now we are off to have dinner with A, the theatre's TD.

Peace in yer crease.

*And by sunny I mean rain drenched. The ten day forecast is for showers every day and temps in the low 50s.

1 comment:

Theata Widowa said...

K.S (L.D.) is "giddy as a schoolgirl" to be doing this production. YOU THIEF!