Monday, April 10, 2006

Catching Up

I feel as if I have not stopped moving since leaving to do Hair at Perseverance. I have no idea where the month of March went, and April does not seem to be faring any better. I have been working at the summer day job in between design gigs, which had tapered off radically after the Fall. The pace seems to be picking back up, which is refreshing, although some of it is last minute so I find myself scrambling to get caught up.

A couple of highlights over the past few weeks:

I designed Cinderella for Columbia Classical Ballet in SC, and got to spend some time hanging out with an old friend from college (the first time around).

I went to a trade show in Lousiville, KY last weekend and caught up with some folks I had not seen in awhile, and even managed to get some leads on side work that will help me stop doing the rigging thing in between designing.

While in Louisville, I also saw the ten minute play that City Mouse directed at Actors Theatre as part of the Humana Festival. The show was outstanding. Nice work, CM.

Calls about design have started to trickle in, so that is a good thing. Of course, they are all for times I am already booked, but it is good to have the offers. Even better, all of the calls are based off recommendations from people I know, including Lucky Spinster. Thanks, sis.

Time to get back to the old drawing board (literally), and finish some paperwork for Two Rooms, being as it loads-in in a week.

Yikes.

Peace in yer crease.

No comments: