Friday, December 14, 2018

Nesting

I have been able to spend almost the whole week here at the studio, which has been just absolutely fantastic. I managed to finish #3 of 9 on the Green Experiment, but mostly I have been nesting.

Spending as much time here as I have led me to finally unpack some boxes that have been pushed into a corner, rearrange some furniture, and even make a trip out to Ikea to get some storage shelves. I moved books around, threw out some old (and terrible) drawings and sorted through a bunch of flat materials.

There are still a couple of extension cords to run, but it feels like a more workable space now.




I finished shuffling everything around this afternoon, and then setup a still life to paint.

Working on Stage I & II of the Green Experiment has occupied pretty much all of my time in the studio, and thus I have not really painted objects in months. The results are not pretty, but it feels good to work on trying to render something in paint.



Fortunately, I have this note hanging up as a reminder to just show up and paint:



As I get close to finishing Phase II of the Green Experiment, I am going to try to divide up my focus and devote some more time to trying to accurately render objects with the paintbrush.

And with that, I am going to go home and make some dinner.

Peace in yer crease.


No comments: