Sunday, July 01, 2018

The Green Experiment, Phase One

I am a little behind in posting about what has been going on in the studio. I spent much of May traveling, Paris, then Alabama, then Baltimore, so there was not much time for being in front of the easel.

I did manage to finish up Phase One of the Green experiment:









I have now moved on to phase two. It began with making a cartoon:




Then piercing the cartoon for transfer to canvas:



I am transferring the image to canvas and blocking in the background, one canvas at a time:




Once I have done this for all nine canvases, I will start with the Greens. Each canvas will be an exploration of the range of Green between a single Blue and a single Yellow, using a nine step scale.

The final phase will be three 36" x 48" canvases using the entire range of Greens using all three Blues and all three Yellows, each canvas using a different Red for the shadows.

I am planning a studio showing of the all the completed works at the end of September. Then it will be on to Orange.

And with that in mind, I must head to the studio to do more painting.

Peace in yer crease.


No comments: