Sunday, February 04, 2007

Grrr!

As you probably remember, in October I took the exam to be admitted into United Scenic Artists, the union that represents designers of scenery, lighting, and costumes for theatre, opera, dance, film, and television. The following week I received notice that the exam committee was recommending me for union membership, and a vote would be made by the general membership.

And that was the last I heard from the union.

After several months of waiting, I finally called the union office on Friday, to be told that none of the people who had passed the exam had been brought on the floor at the November meeting, or at the January meeting. So now I wait until February 20th, when hopefully the office staff will have it's shit together enough to put my application into the meeting agenda.

And these are the people who are supposed to have a grasp on my pension and welfare?

So far, I am not impressed.

No comments: